Flying is one of the most exciting experiences you cannot afford to miss out on. All the same, there are several factors that you need to have clear in the back of your mind before catching the next plane. First and foremost, it’s important to find proper airport parking space for your vehicle. You need to ensure that you find the most suitable parking place in the airport. You do not want to ruin your after-vacation after landing on the airport and find your vehicle has been vandalized.
So you’ve sorted out your airport parking and now have a couple of hours to kill before your flight, what’s next? Here are some fun and productive things you can before your trip begins:
1. Write your very own bucket list. You can jot down a list of the most exciting things you will want to do in your life span. Include your new hobbies and all the new cultures you will want to try out in your trip.
2. Share your experience and excitement on the social sites you are in. You may access free internet in the airport. Many airports have WI-FI connections. You can update your thoughts on Facebook or Twitter and try to catch up with your friends and family.
3. Listen to a podcast. You can download a podcast and listen to your favorite radio or television news, entertainment shows and music.
4. Watch a movie. If you have a laptop or tablet, you can download the latest movies as you wait for your flight. Remember to charge your laptop battery at home or stay near one of the many plugs in the airport so that your laptop is fully charged during the entire flight.
5. Make friends. Try to talk to the people around you and try to know them. Making friends with other passengers will make your flight less boring as you will have someone to be communicating to. You may also make a life long friend in the airport. One thing to note is that not all people are social thus they may probably snob you.
6. Read a book. Reading has always been the best way to pass time. There’s nothing better than stimulating your mind for few hours when sitting back with your Oakley glasses and getting into your favourite book If you love reading newspapers, magazines, story books or e- books – ensure you get one. Alternatively, most airports have bookstores that carry the latest titles and reading materials.
7. Grab a bite to eat. Many aeroplanes only offer snacks during the entire flight. If you board the plane on a hungry belly, you will probably not get satisfied with the snacks you will be offered on the plane. Walk around and check out the many restaurants in the airport.
8. Exercise. Most air travels take a long time before reaching their destinations. You won’t be walking and stretching much on the plane, so take advantage of this time to have a nice long walk while discovering some cool places around the airport. Otherwise, there are also exercises that you can do like squats, chair dips or even push-ups.
9. Plane spotting. You may also look for an area where you can view planes taking off and landing.
10. Go through your travel plan. This does not only pass the time, but is an important thing to do before any travel. Skim through all your notes and documents and make sure that everything is complete. The internet at the airport may also help with your last minute hotel booking or stumbling on other places to see during your trip.
Following these tips ensures that you will not worry about your vehicle’s safety anymore, and also have the best experience and attitude even before reaching your destination. Your flight and your whole trip will surely be worthwhile.