With the advancement of technology, each of us spends a considerable amount of time in front of the screen. Our minds and bodies require a break and what could be better than going camping along with the kids this summer and have the most relaxing time. Take a break from the screens and hit a tent at a campground near you for a nature-filled vacation. This home away from home is an experience your kids won’t ever forget. You however need to remember these points if you are planning camping with your kids:
- You can always choose car camping over anything as you can drive to your campsite in your car.
- Plan in advance because campgrounds, both within and outside the state, tend to fill up in no time. It is crucial to book the campgrounds in advance so try and book one at least six to nine months in advance.
- You can rent a tent – You can also choose to rent a test. Most campground programs lend camping equipment. You can also rent tents online.
- Don’t forget little kids need their own gear too. Adult size chairs may be way to big and it’s best to find them kid sized camping chairs they can bring with them.
- You can set up camp when there is light and get your kids involved in a chore. You are doing it right if you plan to cook at the camping site.
- Avoid being super ambitious, like arriving late in the day and then going for a simple meal in the evening.
- Try sticking to a routine and you must do it if your kids are traveling with you. To ensure a good night’s sleep, you have to follow the exact sleep schedules or bedtime rituals as you do at home.
- Avoid unpacking your devices. You can leave your tablets and other devices at home so you can enjoy nature completely. For emergencies, carry one smartphone and keep it with you or any other adult.
A fun way of camping is a roaring campfire. For this, you can buy the wood at the campsite itself. Here are some important tips for building a campfire:
- Don’t forget to bring some newspapers and pack at least one fire source, including matches or lighter.
- It would be best if you made a square using at least four large pieces of dry wood and then place at least one pile of the newspaper crumpled in the middle.
- You also need to make one tepee shape of smaller wood pieces inside the square of logs.
- You can also crosshatch mid-size pieces.
- Keep adding pieces to keep the fire going.
- Ensure you drown your fire before you hit the bed with at least 5 gallons of water.
When it comes to packing for your most awaited camp trip, ensure you do so like a pro. You need to have all the essential things required to make your base better. You need to ensure that you pack extra heavy-duty garbage bags so you can dump your food trash. Ensure you don’t forget the electrical charging devices if you are carrying a few devices. Irrespective of what lights you choose, you will have lots of choices. Remember to pack scissors to open the packaged food items. Bring your winter hat also as evenings can get cold even when you are snuggled in your sleeping bag. Additionally, your kids also need their camping gear, including chairs to let them sit around comfortably.